Over 190 events, workshops and training options will be on offer during October Business Month (OBM) to support Territory businesses grow their enterprise.
With a focus on innovation, social media, marketing and leadership, OBM is designed to inspire and develop Territory businesses.
Innovation Week will unlock innovative thinking by celebrating and growing our entrepreneurial talent, with topics including renewable energy, digital disruption, intellectual property and idea pitching.
The international series, which runs throughout the OBM program, focuses on improving the Territory’s connection to and understanding of Asian markets, exploring ways to improve business environments, cultural awareness and doing business internationally.
OBM culminates with the social media sprint featuring speakers from Facebook, LinkedIn and local agencies. More than 30 events are dedicated to social media this year, to help local businesses navigate and succeed in a digital world.
There is also a stellar line up of keynote speakers, including:
- Lisa Wilkinson - journalist and host of Channel 10, The Project
- Jane Lu - entrepreneur, social media influencer owner of global fashion empire Showpo
- Gus BalBontin - former executive director and chief technology officer at Lonely Planet
- Daniel Motlop - former AFL player and general manager of Indigenous owned supplier of game meats and native food, Something Wild
- Rob Cook - bestselling author and Australian Farmer of the Year Award winner
- Tim Harcourt - professional economist specialising in international trade and labour economic issues in the Asia Pacific region and emerging economies.
Five Territory success stories will also join our keynotes this year, each bringing their own local story to inspire the business community.
The OBM Hub is located in the Voyage Arcade, Smith Street Mall, Darwin, until 31 October. The hub will be open from 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday.
Pop in and visit the OBM team to register for events or pick up our new look OBM calendar.
View the full list of OBM events.
October Business Month would not be possible without the support of our sponsors and event hosts.