October Business Month (OBM) 2020 was officially launched on Monday 21 September at the Darwin OBM Hub - DoubleTree by Hilton Esplanade.
This year’s OBM will be delivered as a hybrid roadshow across the Darwin, Katherine, Nhulunbuy, Alice Springs and Tennant Creek regions in a symposium style format including virtual presentations.
The program, which includes over 100 workshops is focused on giving small businesses access to local expertise and the latest practical business information and skills to help businesses recover, rebuild and rebound from COVID-19.
There will also be an exciting home-grown mixture of inspiring and educational events including keynote presentations, workshops, networking events as well as industry focused sessions.
- Platinum Sponsor NAB are delivering a number of presentations highlighting the Economic Outlook for Australia and the Northern Territory , supporting small and medium enterprises and insights on the future of export markets
- Merit Partners business resilience workshop – Swimming out of troubled waters
- True North Communication workshops – Communicating through change and crisis communications
- the B2B Expo presented by OBM and Treeti – participants can book a free 15 minute one-on-one session with business organisations and service providers, such as accountants, advisers and lawyers
- Tourism Connect presented by TourismNT – the half day workshops will cover the business enterprise program, tourism distribution, destination management plans, PR and social media, and domestic marketing opportunities.
Our Territory Success Stories are also back in 2020 and will feature a diverse range of Territory business owners and entrepreneurs, each of whom will bring their own local story to inspire and share practical skills with the business community.
While some aspects of OBM have changed its core values remain the same - to inspire, inform and grow Northern Territory business.
October Business Month kicks off in Nhulunbuy on 1 October.
To check out what’s on in your region, view the 2020 program.